Easy-To-Use Movie Making Apps

04 June 2016
My kids have four movie making apps that they love. These movie makers are simple to work, offer lots of options, and allow for unlimited possibilities--which is what I need with two girls running all around the house.

Point, swap a face, and record. It's hysterical with some of the mash-ups my kids create.  They like to video themselves as they're speaking on other people's faces.  The end results are pretty great.  

Stop-motion animation has never been this easy. Their favorite part as they make their films, is that the previous frames stay on the screen like a shadow, making movements easier to choreograph.  I really like seeing how my kids will create their movies with this app.  It takes planning and patience, which are important skills to possess.

Adding explosions was never this easy.  Instead of having my kids set off fireworks in the driveway, they just overlay it on the screen.  This app is free, but we've purchased many of the extra effects because  they're so great.  Some of the latest updates include Star Wars, so it's all good.

For me, iMovie is the stand alone leader when it comes to simple and effective movie-making on a device.  Make movie trailers of full length films--it doesn't matter.  You can import all the movies you've made using Stikbot, FSL, Action Movie, or anything else.  Export movies in HD, upload on YouTube, or do whatever...this is the original.

These movie apps do a really great job of moving between home and school.  They can work as tools for projects in school or for fun at home. The amount of ways they can be used and applied is only limited by your imagination and creativity.

What do you use? What did I miss?  I'm always on the lookout for more.


BloglovinEmailFacebookPinterestInstagramTPT

8 comments:

  1. Face Swap Live looks AWESOME! Can't wait to check it out :) Thanks for sharing!
    Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! FSL is just about perfect. Imagine letting students do their book reports this way!
      Enjoy, Matt

      Delete
  2. I love iMovie! My fourth graders mastered it right away, and they taught me. I'm definitely interested in the others you mentioned, especially the Action Movie App. I think it would be great entertainment when I have my nieces and nephews over. Thank you!

    Mary
    Elementary Engagement

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary! What like like about most is that all of the videos/apps finished products can be imported in iMovie--it's so easy. My kids can spend an entire day "blowing up" their toys!

      Matt

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the recommendations! The other one my class really likes for iPad is Green Screen by Doink. We just use a simple green piece of fabric for the green screen, but they can do really fun special effects with it. The clips they create then can get imported into iMovie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.Thanks for posting this informative article. I really like the fresh perceptive you did on the issue. I will be back soon to check up on new posts! Thank you!
    video downloader apps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any suggestions for apps on a windows platform? I'd love for my students to make movies, but we have Surfaces, not iPads.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (no matter why you broke up) you gotta watch this video
    right away...

    (VIDEO) Get your ex back with TEXT messages?

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top