How To Be a FRIEND

27 August 2014
More and more I've found myself working with students on social/emotional strategies across all settings.  One of the most important skills is learning how to be a good friend...and this can be a little tough sometimes. Being a good friend is such a crucial life skill that will carry them all of school and into the real-world.

But it's not always easy, which is why I wanted to create visuals for my students. It can be hard to remember how to act, how to respond to peer pressure, and always making the smartest decision.  When we do see kids using those strategies and being successful in their own friendships, it is pretty great.  

I've put together a set of classroom posters on HOW to be a FRIEND.  You can grab yourself a copy at my TPT store, and hopefully it can make a positive impact on you students (or school). The poster set is entirely FREE.


                       The free poster set is here:  HOW TO BE A FRIEND

I've also completed a fuller version that is accompanied with worksheets, an interactive  journal/booklet, bookmarks, and class cards.  There includes two versions (primary and intermediate) of each printable version.  Personally, I use each letter as a min-lesson for students.  We give examples, model behaviors, and talk about times when it really matter to be a friend.



If you're looking for more posters like this, I'd suggest checking out some of my other sets I have in my Social/Emotional section of my TPT Store. Many of these are free as well. Grab the RESPECT set and RELAX set.








BloglovinEmailFacebookPinterestInstagramTPT

13 comments:

  1. These are great Matt, thanks for sharing your hard work! I especially like the wording you used. I was hoping to Pin it but you didn't have a Pinterest button on TPT for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Tchur8 - awesome resources Matt - thanks

      Delete
  2. These are great and I have left feedback on TpT - thanks for sharing freely :) I have updated my special needs blog list to include your blog now I have found out you are in the SpEd field - I thought you were all about technology - whoops!!
    Special Teaching at Pempi's Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent first sentence - you grabbed my attention right off the bat! Plus, it's so true! Thanks for sharing your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so true, Matt! Your posters look great!
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every bit of help we can offer our Little Learners in this area is well worthwhile. Thanks for sharing your creativity!
    Julie :-)
    Mrs Stowe's Kinder Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. I always start the year focusing heavily on kindness, respect, etc. I'm finding that some of my students could use a refresher! These posters are really great. Thanks for sharing.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there any way that I can pay to have these done in yellow instead of blue? I LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! Thanks so much for taking the time to make this and for sharing it with us for free!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Matt, thanks for creating these posters. My class recently lead a chapel at school on friendship and the posters were perfect. My students used a fun skit and really made an impact with their classmates.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are there any picture books you recommend reading to teach this mini unit? Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool Blog have! I will just wanna say thanks 4 that. If u would to visit my website visit it now. Thanks for your visit!
    School Posters

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top